Post Graduate Diploma in Food Science, Technology and Nutraceuticals (PGDFTN)
Work in sectors like the Food Industry, Dairy processing, Indian beverage industry etc. We also cover sectors like dairy plants, canning, bottling plants, packaging industries, process machinery etc.
The most promising sub-sectors includes Soft-drink bottling, Confectionery manufacture, Fishing, aquaculture, Grain-milling and grain-based products, Meat and poultry processing, Alcoholic beverages, Milk processing, Tomato paste, Fast-food, Ready-to-eat breakfast cereals, Food additives, flavours etc.
- Online: 30,000 INR
Course Content and Time:
- 6 months course
- 6 modules each 6 months
- Introduction to food industry and its segments
- Processed foods, Import – Export, Health ingredients / Functional foods / Nutraceuticals
- Research and development in food industry, Production processes and controls including food processing
- Quality control in food industry and safety, Packaging regulations and forms in food industry, Intellectual property rights in food industry (patents, trademarks, protection of varieties of plants, etc.)
- Standards for control HACCP, FSSAI, ISO, etc.
- Food regulatory affairs in Europe, USA, India and other emerging markets
- Supply chain management, Marketing and market research